Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lesson 7: Evaluation of Technology Learning



Jean C. Cotamora BSED General Science 4                
Author

CONTENT:
                It is not only important the learners metamorphosed into digital learners but also assessment. Once effective methods of assessment may no longer be effective now. Assessment has to evolve! Being digital learners means being evaluated the digital way to (in a sense not necessarily technology is involved, but the method is), Mass amateurization refers to the change in evaluation approach which implies mass reach of students outputs. It is not solely “paper-and-pencil test” but it’s more on the outcomes. The standard paper test proven inadequate in assessing the competencies of this generation. In this evolution, outcomes that are verbal-textual may be expressed in digital way or tangible outputs may be expressed though media projects (video, ppt, multimedia etc.).

EXPERIENCE:
                Even though the standard way if assessing learning is still employed, I can say that my capabilities and abilities are also tested the digital way today. Documentations in our surroundings are being required to determine whether we really have developed values that we really need to develop. Our presentation skills are being tested through Microsoft PowerPoint presentations done in every reports we do. Our editing skills as well as our elaboration skills are being tested. It may not be usual but it’s no longer standard tests that are always employed in assessing our learning.
                Personally, I could say that I am being measured not just with how much I know but on how I apply it too and how I devise ways in dealing with challenges also.

REFLECTION:
                Indeed, assessment has to evolve! In this generation of digital education, learning is way too far to be measured using standard test. Although it may still be used in content-based approaches but learning the digital way takes more than a pen and a paper, it has to be actual! It is important that the six skills must be assessed appropriately because it all becomes void if assessed poorly. 



APPLICATION:
                As a future teacher I must make it sure that later, my assessment is in conformity with the digital trend and parallel with how taught it. As a future teacher, it should be my top priority to make it sure that my students’ learning are not in vain just because I assessed it poorly. As much as possible I must deviate from the standard test and method of teaching not unless the topic is so conceptual that I really have to go back to the basic.  It is important for me to note the improvement of my students so that is get to know where should stand and what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment